Monday, December 28, 2020
Monday, December 21, 2020
Monday, December 14, 2020
Free Streaming Videos
|Some of the videos available for streaming|
Monday, December 7, 2020
State Employees: Sign Up For an “Electronic” State Library Card Today!
Even though the State Library’s physical location is closed, our librarians continue to work diligently to provide remote services to our patrons. And as a reminder, state government employees can still sign up for a new library card or request a card renewal. What can a library card do for you? Many things!
- Sign-in and manage your State Library patron account online. Patrons can view books that have been checked out, as well as change their password (from the default password that we issue upon sign-up) and other personal information: https://state.cwmars.org/eg/opac/login
- Borrow from thousands of ebooks, audiobooks, popular magazines, and even movies—for free! Just use your library card and password to sign into your CW/MARS Overdrive account: https://cwmars.overdrive.com
- Access journal and newspaper databases provided by Ex Libris, including JSTOR, GALE Academic OneFile, the Boston Globe, and New York Times. Choose a database by name or subject by visiting our serial solutions page.
- Submit requests for books and journal articles via interlibrary loan. Here’s how: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/interlibrary-loan-at-the-state-library
- Note: book lending has been suspended at this time.
|An example of some of the thousands of ebooks |
that are available to borrow.
Applying for or renewing a State Library card is easy! All you have to do is fill out our online form here: https://www.mass.gov/forms/state-library-card-online-application-form. Once the form is processed, we will send you your library card information.
If you have any questions about signing up for or renewing a library card, or if there’s anything else the library can do for you, contact us! Our librarians are working Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM and can best be reached via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through our new chat service.
Thursday, December 3, 2020
Friends of the Library Newsletter - December issue
Keep up with the State Library's activities and programs with the Friends Newsletter. To download your own copy visit: https://www.mass.gov/news/december-friends-of-the-library-newsbrief