We have not yet come to a final decision on processing in this case, but some of the questions we will need to answer are:
- Should we reformat any of the material, for instance providing web access or printing hard copy to file in the collection?
- How much detail should we use in describing the materials?
- How should the discs be stored?
- What is the research value of the pictures in particular? How useful will they be to library users?
- How should we handle privacy issues? One of the discs is marked "confidential." Will we treat this the same as a confidential paper file, or use new criteria to make a decision?
-Katie Chase, Special Collections Librarian